If you have the following pre-qualifying experience you can take your Yachtmaster Offshore Assessment and Coastal Skipper Offshore Assessment with us.
RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Prep
Under the professional tuition of a RYA Yachtmaster Instructor you will be coached to meet the exacting requirements of the RYA Examiner during the week. Personal Coaching and tuition no more than 3 students includes sailing by day and night, theory revision, and plenty of time to brush up on your personal sailing skills.
These Qualifications allow you to work in the Industry RYA examiners regularly assess RYA Yachtmasters and RYA Coastal Skippers for both Certificates of Competence and Commercial Endorsements. The pre-qualifying experience for Yachtmaster candidates is as follows;
- Sailed 2500 miles in the last 10 years
- Half in Tidal waters (so 1250 must have been sailed in Tide)
- Completed 5 times 60 mile passages, 2 as Skipper and 2 at night (Tidal or Non-Tidal)
- Spent 50 days on board (not consecutively)
- Hold a recognised VHF Licence
- Hold a recognised first aid qualification RYA First Aid or STCW95
In addition For Commercial Endorsements
- Hold a valid Sea Survival Certificate STCW95 or RYA Basic Sea Survival
- Hold a valid Medical and Professional Practices and Responsibilities (PPR)Cert
If you don’t have enough Tidal miles don’t worry, we regularly run Tidal Mile-Building trips so just ask us for the next mile-building sailing adventure. We also offer 60-mile passages as Skipper or Crew, by day and night.
- RYA Yachtmaster Preparation and Examination
- Mile building
- 60 mile Passages
- Pre-qualifying Courses
- RYA VHF
- RYA First Aid
- MCA Sea Survival
- BOS Radar
Contact us for information and booking a berth or course. We have trained Professional Yachtmasters from many diverse backgrounds and knowledge bases, and helped Yachtmasters from countries such as Argentina, Italy, Spain, France and Germany to successfully convert to RYA Yachtmaster Offshore.
What to bring
- Travel light no hard cases with wheels please.
- Deck or soft shoes
- Warm fleece for the evenings
- Wash kit
- Comfortable sailing clothing
- Travel Insurance recommended
Mandatory Requirement For All New Commercial Skippers Or Revalidating Masters Under 200gt
Professional Practices and Responsibilities Course On Line 8 - 10 hours.
RYA Yachtmaster Skills Week RYA Yachtmaster Prep 5 Days Barcelona Palamos.
5 days of Training plus 1 exam day half board accommodation breakfast and lunch aboard
£995 or €1220 plus Examiner Costs and Exam Fee
Fill the form below to Book the course and one of our team members will contact you as soon as we received your booking form: