RYA Day Skipper Practical is a must for skippers who wish to take out their family and friends, the entry level to skippering and a minimum qualification. We also offer Fast Track Day Skipper and RYA Day Skipper Theory and Practical Combined.
This course is delivered at Barcelona Palamos on Spain’s unspoilt Costa Brava. You will sail to The Bay Of Rosas anchoring in some of Europe’s most beautiful bays. On completion of the RYA Day Skipper practical course you will be able to skipper a yacht in familiar waters by day. Our instructors will teach you yacht handling under power and sail, tidal passages, basic collision regulations, sail setting and much much more.
* You should have the necessary level of skill required for Day Skipper theory prior to the course; if not you have the following options:
- A two week combination course nine days covering all the theory and practical sailing start every Saturday or Monday board the night before. Plenty of sailing 5 days and 4 days of theory as you progress through the course or-
- A five-day theory course in our modern, fully-equipped classroom.
RYA DAY SKIPPER
The course requirements some sailing away from home port, all accommodation is provided on board with a choice of 37 and 47 foot yachts to sail on.
The Day Skipper Practical Course costs £695 and is fully inclusive of accommodation, half board ( breakfast and lunches) plus beverages on board, fuel, moorings, bedding, RYA Instruction, RYA Course Completion Certificates, wet gear and all safety equipment. Our yachts have an Instructor pupil ratio of 1 - 5 maximum for RYA Courses.
Barcelona Base Palamos includes sailing in The Bay Of Rosas in the lee of the French Pyrennees, visiting Cadaques, Estartit, Rosas, Palamos, Port D'Aro, Barcelona Port Olympic all weather dependent obviously. Nearest airports to our base Barcelona - Girona or Barcelona El Pratt www.ryanair.com
You will be sailing on modern British and Spanish Flagged MCA and Spanish Coded Yachts. We have a range of yachts available up to our Beneteau 473 for mile building and performance sailing. Our fleet of Beneteau and Jeanneau Yachts all benefit from fully battened mainsails for extra performance.
Additional weeks are as the above tariff and if students stay for two weeks they can stay on board our yachts over the weekend in the fully inclusive tariff, so nothing else to pay.
We are a fully Recognised RYA Tidal Training Centre and our company Blue Oyster Limited is incorporated in Gibraltar for your financial peace of mind. We aim to deliver sailing excellence and have Sailing bases in Barcelona Palamos (RYA Courses), Gibraltar (Fast Track) and STCW 10 Training in the UK Barcelona Majorca and Antibes.
What to bring
- Travel light no hard cases with wheels please.
- Sunblock Sun hat Sun glasses
- Deck or soft shoes
- Warm fleece for the evenings
- Wash kit
- Comfortable sailing clothing
- Travel Insurance recommended